Saturday, June 4, 2011

[Scrapperday: Graduation Card]


Tonight I just returned from a fun graduation party. It definitely brought back memories of graduating high school. The excitement of finally being done with high school, the anxiousness to start college, and the confidence (and fear!) of entering the "real world". Ahh to be young again...

Anyways, I just wanted to share a little card that I made for the honored graduate. She loved it and appreciated the effort, which is always nice. :0)


I think the hardest part about making the card was hand-sketching the graduation cap. Trying to make the square part look 3D was quite the task. But in the end, it all turned out just how I wanted it. I used green behind the cap since it's their school color. The tassel was also hand-drawn, and cutting out the little ends of the tassel was probably the best part of the entire process. It sort of gives it that extra flair.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! :0)

Linking this card up to these parties.


[Jen]

2 comments:

  1. Needed 3 grad cards this year. This is so much better than what I found in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty things} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow! ;)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?