Friday, June 18, 2010

[Frame Friday: Flower Frame]


Welcome to another Frame Friday! I finally finished a frame I have been wanted to do for my daughter's room. I wanted it to have a "young girl" feel to it.

So I started out with an unfinished wooden frame I bought at Michael's for $1. I really liked the oval shape.


First I sanded down any rough edges, primed it, and painted it a rosy pink. Then I took some clear glaze from a spray can and sprayed then entire frame generously. I wanted it to be extra sealed so that it would be easier to clean.


After adding a green silk daisy and some foam letter scrapbook stickers, I was finally finished! Now I realize that this all could have taken me under an hour to finish (including drying time), but with a toddler and numerous other projects lying around, I got distracted. Somehow that always happens. :0)

Happy Friday!


The Girl Creative


7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Will you put a photo in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It takes forever around here to get anything finished--those little ones can really be a distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! I have those same scrapbook stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the michael's wood frames. They're very versatile!

    I awarded you something on my site and figured you'd like to know :)

    http://straightstitches.blogspot.com/2010/06/guess-who-likes-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if I will put a photo in it. I might add a fun, bright photo from her upcoming 2nd birthday or something. But then again, I like the empty frame look. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable!! I need to try this. = ))

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?