Tuesday, May 25, 2010

[How-to Tuesday: 5 ways to eliminate stress]


Ever feel like this? Totally stressed out? Well lately I've been stressed, and so I wanted to get rid of the thing uneeded things in my life that has been stressing me out. Between the housework, the projects, the scheduling of meals, the "chasing a toddler around all day", etc. I am in desperate need of a little break. So I found some ways to help my life be stress-free. (hey, a girl can dream, can't she?)


1. Identify stressors. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it is extremely important. Do the "10 in 10". Take 10 minutes out of your day to make a list (hand-write it down if that helps) of 10 things that cause you stress.


2. Learn to let go. This one is a big one for me personally. I have found out that the older I get, the more controlling I have become. I am still learning that trying to control situations and people cannot work, and only serves to increase anxiety when it doesn’t work. The only thing you can control is yourself. I heard a quote the other day that said, "You cannot control other's actions, but you can control your reaction."


3. Slow down. I believe that all moms should definitely do this. We rush through meals, activities, etc. We get all wrapped up in our day-to-day schedule, so we rush through the moments that we need to slow down and cherish. One day we will look back on these times with our children, families, etc. and wish that we just slowed down and we more in the moment.


4. Exercise and eat healthy. This is common advice for stress relief, but that's only because it truly works. Exercise releases endorphins that make you happy (which is why you feel amazing after a good workout). And the food you eat can also alter your emotions. Eating more nutriotious foods will help eliminate stress and make your body feel more energized.


5. Last but not least, laugh! Ever seen something funny on TV or had someone tell you a funny story? A good laugh always helps lighten the mood. Sometimes, when everything seems to not be going your way, you just gotta laugh at yourself and not take life so seriously (I am also working on that!).

There are many more ways to eliminate stress from your life, but I just took the top 5. I know we all become stressed sometime during the day, so I urge you to try at least one (or all!) of these ways to help make your day a little less stressful. :0) Happy Tuesday Blog Friends!

courtesy of Zenhabits.net

2 comments:

Whatcha thinkin?