What better time to bust out all the "chick flicks" than on Valentine's Day! There's just something about a romantic movie that spark that "lovin' feeling". So here's a list of my top 10 romantic movies that I enjoy watching around Valentine's Day: (in descending order)
10. Valentine's Day - The name says it all. While this really isn't my favorite romantic comedy, I felt it was appropriate to add to the list. It also is great eye "candy" for big-name celebs!
9. Love Potion #9 - How appropriate that it is actually #9 on my list! This early 90's romantic comedy film is about a nerdy scientist guy who drinks some love potion which makes every woman fall madly in love with him for a short time. Of course, he ends up falling in love himself.
8. Down With Love - Contrary to its title, this movie is all about love...and chocolate. It never fails. I always crave boxes of chocolate while watching this movie. How convenient for Valentine's Day!
7. Notting Hill - Another great romantic comedy with Hugh Grant & Julia Roberts. Of course it follows suit with any chick flick - boy gets girl, boy loses girl, and boy gets girl again in the end.
6. Somewhere In Time - Ah, now this is a wonderful romantic movie. This 1980 film with Christopher Reeve & Jane Seymour is about a guy who travels back in time to find this actress and ends up falling in love with her. Such an elegant yet passionate movie.
5. When Harry Met Sally - Aww I love this movie! Of course with Billy Crystal you know it's going to be funny. But I always tear up when Harry tells Sally all the quirky things he loves about her.
4. The Notebook - Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks, you are taken on an emotional roller coaster from watching the characters fall from a innocent summer love to a lifelong commitment. I cannot watch this movie without a box of tissues, and I've seen it a dozen times!
3. Sleepless in Seattle - A perfect movie to watch with your special someone on Valentine's Day. Now I know I mentioned this a couple of months ago for my Top 10 Christmas Movies, but since this movie technically ends on Valentine's Day I had to add to this list as well.
2. An Affair To Remember - A classic Valentine/romantic chick flick. A 1957 film with the famous actors Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr depict a passionate love affair that will leave you in tears at the end. "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories. We've already missed the spring." Love this movie!
And my #1 Valentine/Romantic movie pick is...
1. P.S. I Love You - Major tearjerker! I saw this when it was out in theaters and both my husband and I were sobbing. Such a heart-griping movie about a man who leaves his widowed wife little love notes & takes her on an amazing journey. All the while she still misses him.
Okay, I know I left a TON of other really good Valentine/romantic films (like Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Ghost, etc.), but these were all just off the top of my head. So, do you have any special movies you like to bust out around Valentine's Day?