Monday, March 8, 2010

Zen for Jen

Another birthday means another new look on life. I always use my birthdays as a time to reflect on the years past. So my "birthday resolution", similar to a new year's resolution, is to do yoga every morning (including weekends). I feel that it would be a fresh start each day with the added bonus of becoming more flexible and staying in shape. Plus, I feel that I really connect with my body, which is tough when you're a mom.

But I don't pay for expensive classes at a gym, and I don't do just random stretches and call it "yoga". I simply go to Exercise TV or Hulu and choose from the many options of a 10-20 minute workout. It's so easy to just do in the comfort of your own home. You could even invite a few friends over to have a little "yoga party"! Be sure to have some healthy snacks and water available for your guest since yoga can release toxins from your body.

So go check it out and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know the Hulu option was available. Very smart! I should start doing that. I run and try to go to the gym a few times a week, but I've been wishing there was a way to just stay home and get some exercise in so this sounds like a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to say hi :) I hope I didn't sound too pathetic..I really didn't mean to, honest!

    I LOVE what you did for your daughter's first birthday! It was AWESOME and SO PRETTY! I especially liked how you decorated her highchair! SO CUTE :) It will be a day she will look back on when she is older and love all the effort you put into it!

    I do have another blog that I switched to private because of not so nice people who were posting not so nice comments- it's called fullofgracenblessingsinabundance..Anyone is welcome to read it but unfortunately because of a "bad egg" I have to invite readers now. if you want an invitation to read, just shoot me an email to godscanvasatyahoodotcom and I will send you an invite, it is where I write from my heart, while my new blog is specifically for nonpersonal stuff :)

    Now that I have written you a book and sounded Even More Pathetic, thanks again for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! And the best part about it is that it's 100% FREE! Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?