Monday, August 23, 2010

[Motivational Monday: Using Pegboards in Creative Ways]

(courtesy of Martha Stewart)

Pegboards: not just to hold random tools in the garage. Lately I've been seeing more and more non-traditional uses of pegboards around the home. I love pegboards because they do multiple things. They added instant order to everyday items, add a sort of functioning style, can be displayed as artwork (if arranged creatively)...the list goes on. Just like on the movie Sweet Home Alabama, "Oprah calls it multi-tasking." :0)

Here are some creative uses of pegboards in various rooms: (courtesy of Real Simple)

[Pegboards are perfect for any home office or craft room. You never lose your favorite pair of scissors again! I love how this one is painted a bright orange on a pale blue wall. Immediately draws the eye towards the organized work of art.]

[What better way to keep your closet neat and tidy with all of your vital accesories organized on a pegboard. This keeps everything at your fingertips when your dashing out the door. And it gives a whole new meaning for the old saying "a place for everything, and everything in it's place."]

[The laundry room is probably one of the most used rooms in the house. Yet somehow it always gets neglected and labeled as the "you don't wanna go in there" rooms. But a pegboard can totally change all of that! By using shelves to hold the detergents and attaching cups to hold small miscellaneous household items on the pegboard, you instantly create order in functionality to a once neglected room.]

[I am so in love with this pegboard inside the frame. It's perfect to use as a bulliton board to your child's room. And it's much better than rummaging through closets and drawers to search for the her favorite necklace or his favorite pair of headphones for his iPod. I love it how this is checkered with dry-erase boards. How chic!]

Okay, so now I am totally pumped into getting a pegboard and adding it to those messy spots in my house. I hope this has motivated you as well. Or at least given you some eye candy. :0)

[Jen]

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using it to organize accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these ideas. That is one thing I want to do in my craft room to give more space for organizing. Now you've motivated me more Jen :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?