Friday, December 24, 2010

The First Noel

Since it's Christmas Eve, I figured it would be appropriate to post a "Noel" sign to help celebrate Jesus' birth. I was recently inspired by Jessica at Craftily Ever After to make this metallic-looking sign. Here's the gorgeous Noel sign she made for $20:


This one is sold at Pottery Barn at a much higher price:


And here is the one that I made for less than $10:


To make this, I bought these particle board letters at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each (total=$8).


Okay, now it was time to bust out the glue gun! First I hot glued all the letters together tilting the "O" for that extra flair.


But since the letters were so thin I hot glued some small wooden rods on the back to give it that extra stability. This way it won't bend & collapse.


Next I spray painted it with one coat of Valspar Premium Enamel Metal spray paint that I had leftover from a previous project.


And here is the finished product:


Not bad for less than $10, huh? And it was pretty simple to make and took very little time to put together, which is always a plus. :0)

I will be linking this up [here].

Merry Christmas Eve!

[Jen]

3 comments:

  1. I literally did the exact same thing- I got those exact letters from HL, then primed and spray painted it silver!!!
    I leaned them up against my mantle though. I found you through Remodelaholic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE yours! It turned out gorgeously. Your letters are much more similar to PB's, which I would have liked! We don't have a Hobby Lobby around here- I really need to start shopping online with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, I really love this in the silver/metallic color. I think I might have that same spray paint! Great project :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?