Do you remember this card from last week's Scrapperday? Well, as promised, I am going to share with you how to ribbon weave. This skill can be used in card-making, scrapbooking, or even home decor. It's very similar to the basket weaving we did when we were in elementary school. :0)
- ribbon (either 1 or 2 colors of the same size)
- cardstock, any color
- adhesive tape
- glue dots
1. First you must cut your cardstock in a square to fit 4 strips of ribbon on each side. Since the size of my ribbon was 5/8" in width, I need to cut my cardstock to a 2.5" square. Then cut your ribbon so that its is about an inch longer than your square cardstock. Cut 8 strips (or 4 strips of each color, if you are using 2 colors).
2. Place adhesive tape along 1 side of the square and adhere 4 strips of ribbon (all the same color, if you are using 2 colors).
3. Begin weaving the remaining strips of ribbon through the already adhered strips, as shown.
4. Place adhesive tape on the opposite end of the already adhered strips to adhere the ends tightly.
5. Place more adhesive tape on the remaining sides of the square and 4 glue dots on the corners to adhere ribbon to ribbon.
6. Fold the ends of the strips down and press firmly.
All finished! A simple way to jazz up any card, page, or even artwork inside a pretty frame. :0)
Hope you enjoyed this week's tutorial! Happy Tuesday!
Check out where I party![Jen]