Tuesday, April 5, 2011

[How-to Tuesday: $2 DT Hurricanes]

About a year ago, I was inspired by Leanneja over at Organize and Decorate Everything on her thrifty candle holders (view her post HERE). And so I thought to myself, "hey, I could do that!" So I did. :0)

[I first went out and bought some supplies: tall cylinder vases & candle holders from the Dollar Tree, and E6000 glue from Hobby Lobby.]

[After researching the Internet, I found that this glue works best on glass. Plus you can still use it on basically anything, except Styrofoam.]

[After putting the E6000 on the glass to adhere the candle holders to the vases, I had to wait at least 24 hours for it to dry. This is an extremely important step!]

[And voila! As you can see here, I put eggs and flowers inside and wrapping a colorful ribbon around it to decorate for my Spring Mantel. But I am sure as the seasons change, I will put an actual candle inside.]

Not bad for $2! And it was so easy to make! I'll be linking this project up to these parties! Hope to see you there! :0)

[Jen]

7 comments:

  1. What a great job! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and springy! cute decoration for so cheap!! :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. this is a fantastically frugal idea. so cute.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I never knew there was a special glue out there just for glass.

    I visit Dollar Tree all the time and I'm just not creative enough to grab a few items and do something with them. I need blogs like yours!!!

    (New follower!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...and I decided to feature it on my Celebrations and Holidays blog.

    Here's the link:
    http://celebrationsandholidays.blogspot.com/2011/04/diy-2-hurricanes-by-frame-fanatic.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally just saw this post, had the supplies, did the project, and sat back down to tell you how fabulous this is! I love how cheap and classic this is! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done! Thats a fabulous job!! I like your ideas... and am in love with your blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?