Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Mantel


Okay, I would just like to start off this post by saying that I NEVER decorate my mantel for Spring. Christmastime? Of course! But never for any of the other seasons. So this year, after being so inspired by other bloggers, I decided to give it a try! And actually, I surprisingly had a lot of fun decorating! :0)

[If you have read my previous post, you might recognize this cupcake liner wreath. (click HERE to view the tutorial) It hangs over our framed poem called "In Our Home" that we received as a housewarming gift a few years ago.]

[Below the wreath are these fun little plastic Easter eggs from last year sitting in a tea light candle tray (another housewarming gift). I think they add a little "fun" to the mantel, but my 2-year old daughter constantly wants me to take them down to play with them!]

[This "Spring" banner is a free printable from At Second Street. Super easy to make! Click HERE to print one of to make for yourself and to check out her super cute Spring mantel.]

[I decided to include one of my handmade frames from my Etsy shop. Inside the frame I made a little butterfly art that I will talk about tomorrow. So stay tuned!]

[I found this free Spring printable from Smile Like You Mean It and knew I just had to include it on my mantel (click HERE to print one out for yourself). It's just a fun colorful subway art that totally describes Spring. I stole the frame from my chalkboard frame that I first posted about when I started blogging. You can view that post HERE.]

[This little flower pot traveled from my craft/laundry room (click HERE and HERE to view a post on my craft room). I purchased it from Walmart about a year ago, and it's held up quite nicely.]

[I decided to fill these little candle holders with plastic eggs, a couple of feux flowers, and a colorful ribbon tied in a bow. And p.s., this candle holder only cost $2! I will show you how I made it on Tuesday!]

Well, that concludes today's post on my Spring mantel. I'll be linking it up to these fabulous parties! Happy Friday! :0)

[Jen]

9 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks so happy!
    My printable looks awesome in that frame! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel looks fabulous! I wish I had a mantel to decorate... someday!

    Have a great weekend,
    Carlee,
    ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this- It totally made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely - I think you should do one for every season/holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute!!!! Enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this banner...I used the free printable at my work and WOWED the Senior Citizens.... :) The fell in love with how pretty the banner looks!!!!! :) Great spring mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I really miss having a mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The banner is adorable! Love the white frame with the spring printable also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?