Monday, April 11, 2011

[Motivational Monday: Window Curtains]

I have a confession: I know nothing about window treatments. I try to add drapery to the windows, but I just don't feel like I am doing a good job at all. Let's just say I don't feel like the windows are living up to their "full potential". Plus, it doesn't help that I've been bit by the home-decorator bug and want to completely redecorate/paint everything! So basically I need lots and lots of inspiration to get me started to recreate the look that I want.


[Another confession: I am terrified of adding patterns to large pieces. Little pillows, a throw, of course! But never anything that I wouldn't easily (and inexpensively) change out. But I must say, I LOVE these curtain panels! The color is so bright and cheery, and even the pattern adds an eclectic charm. Something to consider...]


[Ahh, neutral curtains. *swoon* So clean yet not at all understated. Love. And I really like the grommet paneling. So chic!]


[I just adore this Pewter Gray color on these panels. And I have been trying to add a little more gray in my home decor, like I discussing in last week's post. And the dark curtain rod adds a nice contrast.]


[Yet another pattern that I simply love! The carved circles on this one is so subtle that it almost blends in with the ivory curtain. I can totally see this in my home.]


[Even though I can't physically touch the fabric through the computer screen, I am assuming the texture is very soft and earthy. This is another neutral curtain panel that is definitely not understated. And the rope tie-backs make the entire look.]

Okay, I must warn you these next few photos are not inspiring or motivational. Here is what my windows look like now:


As you can see, there are actually 4 panels up to make the 2 windows seem like one large window. And since I don't sew, I never joined to 2 panels on either side together to make one thick panel. So I am constant having to rearrange them to keep them from gaping.


There. That's better. Well, sort of.


I also have a single window with the same window treatment. One wall is painted yellow and another adjacent wall is painted green (it was already like that when we moved into the house). I decided to go with red curtains to give it a Starbucks look. But now I want to paint the walls a more neutral color and will need window curtains to go along with the transformation. And I think buying longer panels and raising the curtain rod to the ceiling will elongate the walls.

What do you think? 

[Jen]

5 comments:

  1. I say go for it. Paint the walls. Raise the rod and add some wide panels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It is a good idea to paint the walls. The color that you choose should be natural and light so you could play with curtains of different colors and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! It is a good idea to paint the walls. The color that you choose should be natural and light so you could play with curtains of different colors and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curtain look fresh and clean...I really like it...turned out beautiful.

    Roman shades concord, ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. The window curtains information on the blog impressed me a lot. One of the best blog a ever read

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?