Saturday, April 2, 2011

[Scrapperday: Butterfly Art]


After posting yesterday about my Spring mantel (click HERE in case you missed it!), I thought I might share with you how I made this little butterfly art. I was recently inspired by Jenny over at Embellishing Life on her Butterfly Specimen Art project that she shared last month and thought I might make some of my own!


I started out with this butterfly patterned scrapbook paper. I bought it from Target last year in their $1 section, and it came in a pack of about 10 Spring/Easter patterned paper. I thought this one was super cute, so I cut out 4 different butterflies.


After I cut them all out, I folded them in the middle to give it that 3D look and adhered them onto some white cardstock with a mini glue dot. So simple!


I think they go nicely in my "Blue Skies" Etsy frame. And it makes me smile. :0) Happy Spring!

Linking up to these crafty parties! Come join me!
[Jen]

15 comments:

  1. this is soooo cute! i love it. so bright and whimsical

    PS: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for $20 to my etsy shop, so if you like pretty jewelry you should come enter!! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-spring-fling-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies are so cute. I have seen a bunch of these but I love the bright colors of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! What a good idea. I wonder what else could be decorated with those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sooo cute! it's funny that i found this because i am doing my daughters room this week and i found a picture of this online last night and decided, THAT'S what i'm going to put in her room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours turned out so cute and colorful! I love little paper butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very colorful and fun. Beautiful frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the little paper butterflies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! love the frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute. I was so excited to get my butterfly punch this week, but haven't have a chance to use it. The 17yo is rather hooked on punching butterflies out of any paper he can get ahold of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. Gotta love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my!! this is the cutest!! :-) Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! My daughter is having a "butterfly birthday" party soon, and I love collecting more ideas! Thanks for this one!

    You got a new follower--would appreciate a follow back! "see" ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love butterflies! What a great piece of art! Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh perfect for spring!

    I would love if you would share this at our Playdate at: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-and-improved-playdate-link-party.html

    Cheers!
    Lori
    http://beneaththerowantree.com
    COme & Play! :: Playdate

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?