Monday, April 4, 2011

[Motivational Monday: Decorating with Gray]

I am beginning to see more and more gray pop up in home decor. It's becoming quite the trend in magazines, galleries, designer websites, everywhere! Some may say that it's the "new neutral". And I have to say, I agree. And I would love to incorporate subtle shades of gray in my home. So here's a little something to help me get motivated:

[First of all, I absolutely love the gray-striped chair! And the weathered gray nightstand adds a subtle classiness.]

[This gray kitchen/dining area has a chic, rustic appeal. The "eggs" sign goes well against the deep gray walls, and that little accent gray pillow on the slip-covered seat is a nice touch.]

[Using gray as your base color can spotlight your bold accent colors. Love how it's paired with gold/yellow tones.]

[What little girl wouldn't love to live in this room? I love how gray is paired with light pink. Such sophistication!]

[I simply adore this nursery. Again, the gray brings out the accent color: pink. Of course for a boy, this would look just as lovely having grays and pale blues.]

images courtesy of:



[Jen]

2 comments:

  1. What is the name of that gray in the pink and gray nursery, and who makes it? I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure who makes the gray paint, but I do know the image of the nursery is from Restoration Hardware. Hope that helps! I love it too! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?