Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011


This past weekend I attended my first Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It was a 5K race, but I do hope to someday participate in the 3-Day. I have always wanted to go since my grandmother died of breast cancer and it runs in my family. Plus I wanted to support such a great cause. But this year was special. It marked the 5-year anniversary of my mother-in-law being cancer-FREE! And what better way to celebrate than to have my husband's entire family walk right along with the cancer survivor in the Race for the Cure!

[My daughter is all decked out in pink ready to race (with chip in hand). And a pink feather boa also decorated the stroller.]

[I even painted my nails to get all geared up for the race. :0) Just a little fun with some pink nail polish.]

[And...they're off!]

[A sea of people.]


It was such an amazing experience that I will remember forever. The determination and strength of the survivors and those who are still battling breast cancer is so inspirational. And I am very proud of my mother-in-law for never giving up and continuing to live life to the fullest.

[Jen]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?